This is a delicious cupcake recipe based on Chloe Coscarelli’s Vegan vanilla cupcakes from her Desserts cookbook. They we so light, moist and fluffy I could barely stop eating them! But this might have something to do with the honea. Give them a try and let me know what you think.
- 1.5 Cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cups Vegan Milk
- ¼ Cup Honea
- ½ Cup Rapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Vegan Butter of choice (Preferably firm)
- 2.5 Cups Powdered sugar
- 2-5 Tbsp Honea (depending on consistency)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake liners.
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix
- In a separate bowl add the wet ingredients and mix.
- Pour the bowl of wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean with no crumbs on it. (Check the cupcakes at 20 minutes, insert a toothpick into the center of the cupcake, if it has crumbs on it, then put them back in for 5 minutes extra)
- Move to a cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting
- Beat vegan butter until very smooth
- Add powdered sugar, honea and vanilla then mix slowly
- Once combined, beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cupcakes